The pedometer is one of the most sought-after fitness devices in the market today. Designed to count the number of steps a person takes within a day, this simple gadget is a great way to keep track of one’s physical activity. Also, some pedometers actually push users to increase their physical activity, thanks to some features that assign specific fitness goals.
Due to their attractive and practical design, pedometer watches are among the most popular forms of this device. This article is a simplified guide to shopping for a pedometer watch for men.
A Closer Look at the Pedometer Watch
Defining what a pedometer watch is can be quite tricky. It can pertain to a watch with functions associated with a pedometer. It can also be a pedometer with a watch function and/or the design of a watch. To make things simple, this device is basically a pedometer that is designed like a wrist watch.
Just like conventional pedometers, this watch is capable of getting step readings monitoring motion of either the arms or the hips. It can also have other functions that provide valuable fitness information for users. As a bonus, they also have the looks and functions of a true watch, making it a handy gadget for almost all situations.
Just like true watches, the design of a pedometer watch determines the market it is designed for. Watches with motion tracking function are popular to both sexes, and while pedometer watches for women are heavily marketed, there is also a pedometer watch for men.
The features of a men’s watch tend to be more oriented for heavy-duty use, and these watches reflect this generalized approach with high-performance features. Generally, they also have a more masculine design, making them more suitable for men. A well-designed watch-style pedometer can conceivably look good in just about any outfit or activity.
Why should you Go for a Pedometer Watch for Men?
There are numerous kinds of pedometers in the market. From bracelets to pocket devices, these movement trackers can come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. However, there are many reasons why you should consider going for a watch-style pedometer. Here are some of the more compelling reasons why you would want to get a pedometer watch for men.
- Versatility – This is a feature that most people place in their priority list when they are shopping for gadgets. This kind of device features incredible versatility by combining the functions of a pedometer and a watch. For those who can take full advantage of its features, it can be the type of gadget that can be used anytime and anywhere.
- Style – It can be argued that a watch-style design is the most attractive among all styles of the pedometer. Whether you are participating on a marathon or you are walking towards your office, your pedometer is guaranteed to fit well in just about any kind of outfit you have. In fact, some of these watches are so stylish that people won’t recognize that what you’re wearing is a fitness device!
- Functionality – A watch-style pedometer is remarkably easy to use. With a screen size that promotes easy visibility in most conditions, buttons large enough to make switches easy, at a convenient location right at your wrist, the right pedometer watch for men can make activity tracking a simpler experience. Combined with other features such as heart rate reading, this device gains even more functionality.
What is the Best Pedometer Watch for Men?
Because of the demand for such devices, the market for pedometer watches is quite robust. Of course, there are products that stand out more than the others. This list includes some of the most popular models on sale today.
- – A pedometer watch specifically designed for running, it is also very effective when used for walking. This means that you can use this device whether you are working out or not. Its attractive design, reminiscent of all other Casio sport watches, is built tough and rugged yet stylish enough to be worn casually. It comes with a bunch of features such as world time, stopwatch, running measurements, EL backlighting, and water resistance for up to 100 meters. This watch is built for those who want something sporty and functional.
- – This watch mainly catches attention because of its unique design. However, its assortment of technologies is the one that takes all the headlines. As the first Fitbit watch to come with GPS, both speed and distance are monitored together with the number of steps covered. It also monitors the wearer’s heart rate without the need for any strap. As a bonus, it comes with all the features you come to expect from a Fitbit pedometer; calorie monitoring, floors climbed, and sleep tracking, just to name some of them. It’s a super-watch in every sense of the word.
- – The Motion Fit is consistently rated as one of the best pedometer watches currently available in the market. It utilizes accelerometer technology to count steps accurately as you take them. Aside from that, this watch also monitors your speed, distance covered, and calories burned, all while keeping track of your time. A remarkable feature of the MIO Motion Fit is its on-demand EKG, allowing you to monitor your heart rate in real time. As a bonus, this futuristic-looking watch is a great fit for most casual outfits.
If you are looking for a pedometer watch for men, it is recommended to pick the options suggested here.
Of course, you are free to do your own research to see which product works best in filling your needs. There are so many avenues for you to do your shopping.
You can go looking for pedometer watches in stores such as Wal-Mart or you can go look for them in online shops such as Amazon.
Select the device you feel is best for your needs and budget, and use it well to help you reach your fitness goals.